Monday, January 19, 2015

Let the Adventures Begin!

Dear Cubby,
Now that your public access test is behind us, there won't be many times you'll be left at home anymore!  You and I will be together ... the team we were meant to be.  It hardly seems possible we could be all through with the training already; time slipped by us so quickly.
Now we get you ready for the certification test, a much bigger challenge, but one I'm not afraid of because I know you can do it.  We just need some practical experience together first.  I know where your weaknesses lie so we can work on those in the meantime.
It made things so much more pleasant not to be so terribly afraid of your test.  I just made up my mind that we'd do the best we could, hoping for a passing grade, and keeping in mind the whole wide world wouldn't come to a catastrophic end if we didn't pass.  We'd simply have to take it again.  Fear can be crippling, and I love you too much to put all that on you.  You deserve to be yourself, because yourself is one awesome dog!
Our first solo outing was, of course, Popo's.  You did fairly well, considering that was your first restaurant experience.  You heard your first crying baby, your first hustle-bustle of customers and staff walking all over the place, and I think the whole thing had you a little nervous.  But you'll be surprised when you have that drill down pat.  "I know; here I go under the table.  Wake me up when you're done."
I'll need a few groceries before Daddy goes back to work and, this time, you get to go.  There's a great big warehouse called Costco you're really going to love, just one tiny little corner of the brand new world you're going to find opening up for you.
Welcome to your great new career, Cubby.  I love you so much!


Dear Lord, thank you for this precious dog.  When You give a gift, you really give a gift!  May we be pleasing to You, and protected by You, in all our outings and travels together.  We both belong to You, Heavenly Father, and to You goes all the glory.  Guide us in the way of Your will.  Amen.

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, and I love the photos. Congrats on passing the PAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and Cubby congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. And the adventure begins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasnt ever any doubt that cubby would pass but you on the other hand!!!! Outstanding work you two!! Keep up the strong works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you two

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Anxious to see him - on the 27th

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome good job go Cubby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wtg, good job to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. On you are on your way! Boy is Cubby in for an exciting life!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mom is so proud. Congrats to all. That is great. Cubby is well behaved in church and does not even offer any sermons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEA !!! Cubby You are such a clever boy. Congratulations to you too Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good boy! So glad he has become the dog you needed as well as the dog you love!

    ReplyDelete